- Indian navy will perform HADR operations in Madagascar under ‘Operation Vanilla’.
- It has been launched to provide assistance to the affected population of Madagascar post devastation caused by Cyclone Diane.
‘Zo Kutpui’ festival
- Mizoram government is going to organise ‘Zo Kutpui’ globally to unify Mizo tribes.
- The first festival would be held at Vanghmun, a hub town of Mizos in neighbouring Tripura.
- The event aims at re-unifying and strengthening brotherhood among different tribes of Mizo.
‘Cyber Safe Women’ initiative
- The Maharashtra government has started a ‘cyber safe women’ campaign in the state, on the birth anniversary Savitribai Phule.
- The cyber safe women initiative aims to create awareness regarding the atrocities committed against women and children as well as the laws regarding cybercrime.
- It will educate women about how the web is used by anti-social elements to commit various types of crimes.
Turtle rehab centre comes up in Bihar
- A rehabilitation centre for freshwater turtles will be inaugurated in Bihar’s Bhagalpur forest division in January 2020.
- The rehab centre spanned over half a hectare, will be able to shelter 500 turtles at a time.
The necessity to build such a centre was felt after several turtles were found severely wounded and sick when rescued from smuggles by rescue te